Improve the affinity of your antibody from five to over a thousandfold thanks to our guaranteed antibody affinity maturation service. At ProteoGenix, we combine our expertise in historical phage display with our renowned knowledge of affinity maturation, helping you pave the way to the clinic! Because we are fully committed to the success of your project, our antibody affinity maturation service includes unique guarantees defined after a preliminary study.
Why choose ProteoGenix for
your antibody affinity maturation ?
Best experts on board
Your affinity maturation project will benefit from 28 years of expertise in therapeutic antibody development in leading pharmaceutical companies.
Our priority is to ensure a safe investment to our customers! Our affinity maturation service includes unique guarantees determined after a in-depth preliminary study!
You get the full rights to the affinity matured antibodies at the end of the project!
PhD account managers
To ensure efficient communication for your affinity maturation projects, you have highly skilled PhD account managers at your disposal.
Large libraries of relevant antibodies
Our phage display library design uses 3D modeling in order to limit irrelevant mutations and more specifically to keep the most appropriate mutations and avoid the generation of junk into the library.
One stop solution
Put your trust in a unique partner to help bring your therapeutic antibody project straight to the clinic!
Antibody optimization by affinity maturation
ProteoGenix has developed a high-class affinity maturation service tailored to increase the affinity of your antibody against its target. Besides affinity, cross-reactivity can also be introduced to avoid the use of surrogate antibodies for preclinical development. Many other parameters can be measured and optimized such as:
- Chemical liabilities
To do so, site-directed mutagenesis or random mutagenesis is performed on the CDR regions.
- Site-directed mutagenesis is based on 3D modeling in order to identify key residues involved in the antibody-antigen interaction. Specific mutations on these residues are performed in order to create a large phage display library with low junk variants and high probability of strong affinity enhancement.
- Random mutagenesis are inserted by the use of error prone PCR. This method allows the construction of large libraries containing 108 starting from 3 to 10 selected antibodies.
Which strategy should you choose
for your affinity maturation project?
As affinity maturation is fairly complex, our experts define the most relevant strategy after a preliminary study. This is the best way to guarantee our customers a safe investment and to include unique result guarantees to your project. This demonstrates our commitment to the success of your antibody affinity maturation.
Our antibody affinity maturation process
Preliminary study by our affinity maturation expert
- Binding test in relevant application
- Construction of a phage display screening protocol
- Definition of a strategy
- Assessment report including evaluation of your project’s feasibility and chance of success
Design and construction of a mutated phage display library
- Library design using the mutagenesis strategy previously established
- Creation of an antibody DNA variant library
- Creation of the phage display library
Library screening and variants selection
- Library screening using the custom protocol established in first phase (4 to 6 panning rounds)
- Validation of the best phage variants in the relevant application
- Affinity comparison of the best single phages
Sequencing and recombinant expression of the best variants
- Antibody sequencing
- Gene synthesis and subcloning in an adapted expression vector
- Transient expression test in mammalian cells
- Antibody characterization depending on customer’s request:
- KD determination: Biacore (SPR), Xelplex (SPRi), OctetRed
- Binding analysis: ELISA
- Stability analysis: DSC
- Aggregate analysis: SEC-HPLC
- Other options available
|Phage display library design and construction||
- Large scale recombinant antibody production (transient expression from milligram to gram scale)
- Stable cell line development
- Additional characterization: endotoxin detection and removal, FACS analysis, glycosylation analysis
- Custom assay development
When should you envisage antibody affinity maturation?
Affinity maturation is important in diagnostics and biotherapeutics as well as many other applications requiring strong antibody-antigen interactions.
When developing antibodies, many features can be required such as functionality (inhibiting activities for instance), specificity, use in particular applications and of course affinity. But it can be tricky to select an antibody with all these features from the start. It is therefore relevant to first focus on the functionality and application before working on improving the affinity using our high-class phage display platform.
For more information or to get a quote for our phage display services with the use of Affinity Maturation, don’t hesitate to contact us.