Get the highest affinity polyclonal antibodies from 255€! Our integrated solutions include the polyclonal antibody production steps from antigen design to purification. Our polyclonal antibody production services are available on various species such as rabbit, chicken, mouse, rat, goat, sheep, llama or alpaca!
Why choose ProteoGenix' polyclonal
antibody production services?
All our packages include a high antibody titer guarantee (1/64000 in ELISA). Our anti-protein package even includes WB positive results.
With all-included packages starting from 255€, we provide the most competitive price on the market!
Instant online order
Save time and buy polyclonal antibodies directly online thanks to our online form!
Large choice of species
Choose between different species depending on the volume and format of antibodies you require!
We offer integrated polyclonal antibody production solutions from antigen design to purification and conjugation (if requested).
Get your polyclonal antibodies in 28 days thanks to our ExpresswayTM protocol.
Our polyclonal antibody production packages
|Peptide synthesized by ProteoGenix||2 peptides||Modified and non-modified peptides|
|Recombinant Protein produced by ProteoGenix|
|Provided by customer|
|Immunization of 2 rabbits|
|Standard (51 days) or Express protocol (28 days)?||Standard||Standard||Standard||ExpresswayTM||Standard||Standard|
|Protein A or G|
|Guarantee||ELISA titer||ELISA titer||WB + ELISA titer||ELISA titer||ELISA titer||ELISA titer|
|Timeline||9-10 weeks||≈15 weeks||≈13-15 weeks||28 days||≈15 weeks||≈15 weeks|
Our polyclonal antibody production process
- Definition of an antigen design strategy for optimized polyclonal antibody production
- Protein design
- Peptide design
Designed sequence for customer’s validation
3-5 weeks for protein
3 weeks for peptide
Antigen sample (protein or peptide)
- Animal injection with the antigen produced or provided + Freund’s adjuvant
Injection route: subcutaneous, intradermal, intramuscular, intraperitoneal, intravenous
Fast: 28 days
Protein: 51 days
Peptides: 70 days
- Antibody QC analysis : ELISA, Western Blot or Dot Blot (depending on the guarantees)
Final Immune serum (if no purification)
- Purification against protein A or protein G
- Purification against antigen
- No purification
-Purified polyclonal antibodies (serum of each animal is purified separately)
-Certificate of analysis (CoA)
Our recommendations for polyclonal antibody production
HOST SELECTION FOR POLYCLONAL ANTIBODY PRODUCTION
Selecting the most appropriate specie for your polyclonal antibody production requires taking several factors into account:
- The amount of pAb needed: Rabbits are the most commonly used animals for polyclonal antibody production due to their convenient size and their ability to produce high titer and high affinity antibodies. Larger amounts of polyclonal antibodies can be obtained from larger species such as goat, sheep, llama or alpaca.
- Chicken represents also an interesting alternative for production of large amounts of polyclonal antibodies as the antibodies generated pass from the blood to the egg yolk. Thus, antibodies can be collected directly from the egg and allows circumventing the bleeding step.
- Phylogenetic distance: The choice of the host to immunize is also governed by the species from which the antigen is taken. The greater the phylogenetic distance between the animal to immunize and the source of antigen, the better the immune response. Thus, when immunizing with an antigen highly conserved in mammals, chicken could be considered as a good choice.
- Final use: The final application of your polyclonal antibody is another critical point which influences the choice of your host. A common example is the polyclonal antibody production for an ELISA assay as the animal species chosen for the primary antibody should be different from the host of the secondary antibody.
ANIMAL IMMUNIZATION PROTOCOL FOR POLYCLONAL ANTIBODY PRODUCTION
Our standard immunization protocol is 51 days – 4 injections for anti-protein polyclonal antibody production (with possibility to extend the protocol if the guarantees are not reached)
For anti-peptide polyclonal antibody production, our standard protocol is 70 days – 5 injections (with possibility to extend the protocol if the guarantees are not reached)
It is usually recommended to immunize animals with a lower quantity of antigen and for a longer time than to immunize the animals on a shorter timing with a larger quantity of antigen.
If this seems too long, we also propose our ExpresswayTM protocol of 28 days (Fast polyclonal antibody production) which is made using our special adjuvant which is aimed to increase the immune response.
It is usually only recommended for anti-protein polyclonal antibodies because peptides might sometimes be not immunogenic enough to give a good immune response on this short period of time.
Need an advice for you custom polyclonal antibody production? Please feel free to contact your dedicated account manager!
Polyclonal antibody production:
the advantages of camelid antibodies
Camelids differ from other mammals by their ability to produce unique antibodies. In addition to conventional IgG1 antibodies, they produce unique subclasses IgG2 and IgG3 lacking light chains and functional heavy chain domains. This singular structure confers several advantages to camelid antibodies, mainly due to their smaller size such as:
- An increased stability at extreme pH or temperature,
- A low steric hindrance allowing an easier access to buried antigens that would not be accessible to conventional antibodies,
- A higher capacity of tissue penetration which is a precious asset for immunohistochemistry experiments or even for therapeutic applications.